Half day tours
1. Carpentry, bricks and bear tour the tour takes you first to the
carpentry workshop where you can participate in the making or various
items. From there, visit a brick factory to witness the entire process
of brick- making. Finish with a visit the local beer-brewing unit
where the drink is prepared from sugarcane.
2. Lembeni Herbal Hospital tour Talk to doctors and patients and
learn about the various herbal medicines used to treat different
Full day tours
1. Kindoroko Mountain tour this hike starts from the Centre and
takes you through the lush forest. Ascend to the top for panoramic
view of Mount Kilimanjaro. Mount Meru, Lake Jipe and Nyumba ya Mungu
dam. Tree planting and a visit to a tree nursery can be included
2. Spice tour Go to the spice and herbal gardens. Once back at the
Centre, participate in the preparation of a traditional meal flavoured
with spices. The meal is followed by a cultural interaction with
the villagers and local dances.
3. Nyumba ya Mungu drive to the Nyumba ya Mungu (House of God) dam,
the electricity power station. Go on a finishing expedition in a
local canoe or just walk along the shores to admire the rich birdlife.