Mirerani Tanzanite Cultural Tourism
Mirerani is a small village located only 39 kms South-East of Arusha town. It only takes 15 minutes drive from Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA) and 1 to 1.5 hours from Moshi and Arusha towns that are approximately 65kms away. A small town of Mirerani surrounded by beautiful hills is the only place where Tanzanite mining takes place worldwide. This makes it a destination of its own unique type where authentic Maasai culture mixes well with Tanzanite mining business.
We people of Mirerani have organized the following for you;
- A Tanzanite mining experience tour
- A visit to Tanzanite local market dominated by Maasai
- A Maasai Cultural village tour
- A walking safari in wildlife rich areas
- A visit to Chemka Hot spring
- Schools visits
- A visit to orphanage centre
- A volunteering experience in school, orphanage centre and health projects
MIRERANI TANZANITE CULTURAL TOURISM
‘100% Authentic Maasai Culture and Tanzanite experience’
There are various options for the tours:
Half day tours: 2-5 Hours
Option 1: Mirerani village tour
A welcome to Mirerani will take you in a Tanzanite gallery where cutting and see various gemstones on display. The tour will proceed to the mining area on the hills where you will get to know how mining is done in the area. Here one will identify various other gemstones found near these blue rocks such as Green garnet, moonlight and rodlight. Your walk inside the tunnels to the blue rock surface is a lifetime adventure where you will learn how Tanzanite is explored from such hard rocks and then collected ready to be sold at the local market or get processed for export. Getting out of the mining area to the local market of Tanzanite, one will be amazed by a beautiful view of Mount Meru and the roof of Africa ‘The Kilimanjaro’
Option 2: Maasai Village Cultural Walk
You will proceed to authentic Maasai village where you will stay for a couple of hours learning and experiencing the Maasai way of life/ do a walking safari n the Maasai territory where encounter with local people participating on their daily activities is guaranteed. Learn how people are linked to wildlife and the environment where they get their food and medicine. On your way back pass by a local school for a quick interaction with students and their teachers.
Option 3: Mirerani Tanzanite local market visit
You will walk to our tanzanite gallery where cutting and display of various gemstones is done. Then take a short walk in Mirerani village to the Tanzanite daily operating local market where one will get an opportunity to interact with local miners, brokers and the buyers from various areas. Get to know how Tanzanite business operates in this rural setting.
Full day tours: (5-8 Hours)
- Option 1: The tour will have all components of Option 1 for Half day tours and then visits to school and orphanage centre will be done after your traditional lunch
- Option 2: Tanzanite experience tour will be combined with Maasai Village Cultural Walk
- Option 3: A visit to Chemka Hot spring will take some hours on a drive through savanna vegetations rich in wildlife. After you drive, one will arrive at the hot spring that has hundreds of beliefs from local people around. Get to know what local people believe about the spring and the surrounding area
- Learn how to prepare traditional African cuisines
- Get your hair braided
- Visit a vegetable market and interact with local business people
- Participate on daily African home chores in a family of your choice
- Visit community development projects
There are two ways to Mirerani;
- Via Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA) from Arusha or Moshi. Mirerani is located about 65 kms away from the towns of Moshi and Arusha that takes about 1.5 hours drive.
- Via Kijenge road-Mbuguni, Mirerani is 39 kms away from Arusha where 1-hour drive will lead you to this unique destination with friendly people.
- There are daily buses that ply from Arusha to Mirerani, one can board the morning bus and the evening one for returning back to Arusha.
Where to stay:
There is a wide range of accommodation facilities within and around the Mirerani village are available. For all of your accommodation requirements, Mirerani CT coordinator will make arrangements for you at a reasonable price as per your requirement. What do you need when on a Tanzanite expedition with us? We kindly inform you that you need the following so that you can enjoy your visit in Mirerani;
- Good walking shoes
- Sun cape/sun glasses or goggles
- Sun cream
- Pure drinking water
- Women and men are advised to wear jeans, trousers and T-shirts
For further information contact:
Mirerani Office: + 255 732 979 939 | + 255 784 385 031 + 255 767 385 031 | + 255 655 385 031
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org